Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarships Kyoto University Japan 2021
Scholarship Covers: Full Tuition Fee, Living Allowance, Air Fare Tickets
MEXT Scholarships are offered in the following categories
- Graduate degree and non-degree students
- Undergraduate degree students
- Credited auditors
Check out The Eligibility Requirements
Scan the documents A) and C) 1 – 8 below into PDF files. Make sure that all the lettering and photographs in these files are clear and legible. Any incomplete application will not be considered.
- Passing Certificate of the First Screening issued by a Japanese diplomatic mission*
- Letter of Provisional Acceptance for 2021
- Documents submitted to the Japanese diplomatic mission*
- Application form
- Field of study and research plan
- Official transcripts for all higher education institutions attended
- Graduation or degree certificate
- Recommendation letter from the president of, or a dean or academic advisor at, the current or last higher-education institution attended
Abstracts of theses**
- Certificate of language proficiency**
- Recommendation letter from the present employer**
Additional documents may be requested by the prospective academic advisor or the graduate school office concerned.
* Documents A) and C) 1-8 must bear the official seal of the diplomatic mission that carried out the first screening.
** Required only if applicable.
Other Related Links
- Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO) (external link)
- The Japan Foundation (external link)
- The Japan Foundation Center (external link)
- Japan Educational Exchanges and Services (in Japanese, external link)
- Quick reference for procedures
- International Students Advising Room
- University-nominated scholarships
- Procedures for Monbukagakusho Scholarship students
- Current scholarship opportunities